Thursday, October 16, 2008

Think?


So. I am not old enough to vote. I will miss it by a month. But I have this to say, for better or worse, to all of you who can: Before you vote, think for yourself. Don't buy into everything you see on TV, hear on the radio, or see on a poll. When you watch or listen to the news, you are seeing only what they want you to see. They choose every picture and video clip that's shown, every word they say, and everything you don't see, which is, I think, more important. Don't rely on what a politician says, look at what they do, what they vote for. Think through what they propose to do with your country. Their intentions may be good, but what are the consequences of their actions?
One last thing, with which you may or may not agree, but think about it anyway. Do they protect the unborn? I know that's cliche, but if they don't, then what makes you think they'll protect you? There is very little separating you from helplessness, and that little should make you stand up for those who are.

4 comments:

Christi Joy said...

Hey Lulu! Thanks for the thoughts!! love you!

Gabby Huerta said...

Thank you so much Lucy for your post. I agree, you shouldn't vote just to go along with what the trend is. However, in some cases, well in the case of this election, where I don't agree with either candidate's entire campaign, I have to decide for myself what is more important to me.

I'm not going to turn this into a major political debate. But I want to praise you for your discerning spirit about this and your encouragement.

ps. I CANNOT WAIT TO VOTE!

Manda (+2) said...

Your "one last thing" unfortunately is the only thing that is making me vote a certain way over another... much too important to ignore. Thanks lu

Lucie said...

i realize that one last thing was perhaps unecessary....and my English teacher would probably tell me it didn't fit in...I put it in there simply because my own conscience needed to know i said it. Selfish, huh? :)